Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kade at 33 weeks and 2 days


Ok so really it's not Kade, it's me getting more pregnant everyday. But, if you had x ray vision as many super heros do you could see Kade.
I have been pretty lucky I figure for this pregnancy. I feel pretty darn good, only minor annoyances, (Which I will still complain extensively about). It could be so much worse and believe me I know and have seen sooo much worse. So I know that I am blessed, But since I am journaling through my rage now, here you go. I have some very enjoyable pregnancy tendinitis. It is quiet lovely. Because of the fluid overload, the swelling causes my hands and wrists to swell and put lots of pressure on the nerves etc, causing some very unenjoyable ouchiness and loss of some fine motor skill in the good ole hands. It's especially awesome at night when I want to sleep its the worst, it burns like the dickens. And also at work it's nice when I can't spike an IV bag, or I am trying to start an IV. hee hee. Yeah I've been making a habit of telling my patients right before I stick them, "Now I want you to know my hands are kinda numb and a little jerky, so forgive me if I don't get this the first couple of pokes." Just joking I really don't tell them that. It is my little secret. And I still can get it on the first try so no one prego or coming to EIRMC fear. I got it all under control.
It is fun to feel him move around in there. B on the other hand I think gets darn near nausea if he has to feel my stomach or even see it move. The other night he was laying by me and saw some minor movements, and he just got up really fast and said in disgust, "What is the deal? Why is he causing so much trouble." He makes me laugh. Apparently the guy that can pull a calf out of a cow with chains isn't going to fair as well in the delivery room. I gotta love that cow hand.

7 comments:

khepworth said...

Holy Hobbs!!!

You are the cutest pregnant person! And Kade-would this be after anyone we know.....

So glad to see you have and blog. I will for sure be adding you to my blog list.

~Kanani

The Kraus House said...

Amy, You do look good, you may not be feelin it, but you look it and that is what counts right?!
I loved hanging out with you the other day. Lets do it again soon.

luv nat

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Yeah Am! You are getting so close! Thanks for the cute baby belly pix you are adorable! :)

Grant Family said...

Amy you look great! That stinks that your fine motor skills are having trouble. Good thing you are going to deliver before me!! Good luck with everything. You are going to do great.Brandon will do great too. I am sure he will be sobbing like a wee babe after Kade comes out. something about seeing that precious little miracle that is part of both of you is the best thing imaginable! love ya

emily

seananddiana said...

Hey Amy! I found your blog through Shayna's. I really wish you could have come to lunch after christmas. Maybe it is good that you didn't because you already have bladder problems with your pregnancy and all!HaHaHa You look so cute pregnant!! You are all belly! Have you gained weight anywhere else? It sure doesn't look like it! Anyway, good luck with everything. Maybe someday we will see each other somewhere!

The Oswalds said...

Well, all I have to say is be grateful that it's not 100 degrees outside or the swelling would be twice as bad! Thanks for the disclaimer on your IV skills, I was worried I should call DeAnn. :) I can't believe you are only a month away! It sure has gone fast for me. Hang in there baby!

The Sniders said...

Amy, you are hilarious! Congrats on the babe you are in for the time of your life. You look awesome! I still want to chat so e-mail me your number okay lady? By the way I gained 60 pounds with my little Olivia and I thought I was going to die!