Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Scout Master?...What?..(screaming) WHAT?

This last weekend I was working. On sunday after my shift I was driving home talking to B on the phone, he seemed pretty down in the dumps. I asked him how church was. Thats when he dropped the bomb on me.
"I got called as Scout Master." Many things went through my head. My first response was, "Thats great...you are gonna be really good at that." In my head I'm thinking, "There goes my husband that I have enjoyed so much. It was nice while it lasted."
That was pretty crafty of the bishop since I was working and all when he called him, sustained him in sacrament meeting and even set him apart after church. I didn't even get to be there. Which maybe was a good thing cause I may have objected. I guess we have had it pretty easy coasting under the radar since we've been married. Never in a place long enough. No kids. pretty much we have been living the high life. Nothing to tie us down or demand our time, besides our jobs. Already I felt like mutual tonight was the other woman. Baby coming in a couple months. I guess it's time for the honeymoon to be over. How sad.
We truely have claim over nothing and no one.

No comments: